Bob has a proven leadership record, encompassing FTSE 250 PLC, Private Equity and privately owned businesses both in the UK and in Asia.
With a career that includes;
- Provided strategic direction & leadership for complex & challenging situations – including successful sale and purchase of businesses.
- Led and inspired teams from very different cultures to deliver business improvement & embrace customer centric change – particularly by using digital solutions.
- Established a track record of driving sales and profitability through analytical & communication skills, and the ability to build relationships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Big C Supercenter 03/15 - 06/16. Recruited & trained a team of 5 new divisional directors and reduced labour turnover from over 40% p.a. to under 10%. This has in turn vastly improved range management and financial control skills in the division.
- Delivered 30% of Big C Supercenter sales – growing gross margin by over 400 bps & reducing excessive reliance on supplier contributions
- Relaunched the Big C Supercenter web site, introduced mobile shopping & launched a specialist, 1 hour, fresh food delivery service. As a result Big C Shopping Online is one of the only profitable trading web sites in Thailand and is growing at over 70% yoy.
- Power Buy, Thailand's biggest electrical specialist, Managing Director 04/13 - 03/15. Simplified KPIs & ways of working to bring teamwork and pace into the organisation
- Introduced and train in many basic retail disciplines such as Open to Buy controls, Promotional Calendar planning and weekly trading review meetings at Power Buy LTD.
- Reviewed Power Buy's store portfolio ; reducing store sizes and costs, opened 20 new stores and closed 15 poor performers
- Changed Power Buy's merchandise and warehouse management systems and build a bespoke 15k sqm DC to improve our supply chain capability
- Pioneered the use of social media solutions to reposition the Power Buy brand to younger target market and for use internally as a communication and compliance tool
- From the second half of 2013; the above changes returned Power Buy to share growth, improved margin rate by 200 bps, and stabilised OPEX and property costs – resulting in robust EBITDA growth during H2 2013 and FY 201